February 17, 2022Brooke Backman
February project updates
Since May 2021, all projects commenced recruitment in various Victorian hospitals and in early 2022, we celebrated reaching our first 100 recruited!
Despite the impact and the challenges of the last 8 months, we are grateful for those patients that have consented to be part of research. Overall, patients have welcomed the pelvic pain, endometriosis and infertility focus of our projects and excited to keep in touch with the research as it progresses.
Patients have been recruited in a variety of projects including:
· Surveys completed detailing pain and symptoms
· Ano-genital measurements during surgery
· Blood, fluid and tissue collections from surgery
· Taking a food-based supplement for 8weeks before surgery
· Physiotherapy assessment before and after surgery
· Tracking hormone levels via a blood test
· Use of a monthly App to help track fertility outcomes
We thank all patients that have consented into our research and we look forward to reaching out to many more patients over the coming months and expanding our patient involvement.
“Thank you for allowing me to be part of this important research. I am grateful for this much needed focus on endometriosis” Participant, recruited December 2020.